Thursday, September 20, 2012

GF greeting on the boardwalk



One of the best, if not THE best, freshly-prepared GF pizzas I’ve ever eaten came from Siculiana’s in Asbury Park. I remember “real” pizza and this was the closet thing I’ve found thus far. The cheese was perfectly melted, the crust was a nice texture and the taste was, well, fabulous. 

This pie was even better than my homemade pizza that I had thought was perfected.

My dining party entered Siculiana’s via the boardwalk. We were looking for a quick bite when I saw the sandwich board sign advertising “gluten-free pizza.” You just don’t see such a thing often on a Jersey Shore boardwalk.I had earlier assumed I'd be stuck with a salad or something equally non-filling.


We sat at a table in the “back,” which actually was just inside the Ocean Avenue storefront. After ordering, we noticed the legendary Stone Pony nightclub across the street, which was an aesthetic plus for some of my dining companions.


The pleasure I took in eating the pizza may be colored by my excitement of its availability, but a couple of non-celiacs in my party also sampled the GF pizza and gave it their thumbs-up too. Either way, I’d be up for a return visit to Siculiana’s. It's located at 1000 Ocean Avenue.

1 comment:

GFGardenState said...

Since posting this review, Siculiana's has closed.

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...