Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fruit-filled at your fingertips

We're test running our school day morning routine this week, and getting out the door on time hasn't been easy. I can put together a breakfast meal the night before and simply re-heat in the morning, but it's also a good time to experiment with quick, grab-and-go items.

Photo/GlutenFreeGardenState
On the menu this morning were strawberry toaster pastries by Glutino.Think Pop Tarts without the gluten and famous brand name. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this product.

Each Glutino toaster pastry is comparable in size and stomach fulfillment to a Pop Tart, but there is only one for each portion, as opposed to a pair. Glutino's version is more moist than I expected and the fruity filling keeps the pastries mostly intact.Like many gluten-free products, there is some crumbling.


You can't get any quicker or easier to grab than these pastries, and the taste is decent. If you're not eating it for breakfast, they make a great pick-me-up snack in the afternoon.

I know what I like and admit that I did not sample Glutino's other flavor: apple cinnamon. Since it doesn't appeal to my taste buds, a review would be negatively biased from the start. If you've tried it, please share your opinions in the comments section below.

No comments:

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...