Monday, November 18, 2013

Cheers to this Omission

Omission Beer announced today it has received the Seal of Approval from the Celiac Sprue Association, regarding its products made with traditional beer ingredients.

Omission brews are crafted with malted barley and the like, but the company removes the gluten during the process. Although some celiacs have been wary to try these beers, the approval of the CSA means Omission products have passed the non-profit organization's rigorous testing standards.


My experience with Omission beers have been positive. I first sample three different beers at the Allergen and Gluten Free Expo in September. The company's representative was upfront about how the products were made, and seemed to understand some people's uneasiness about trying them.

Since the Expo, I have purchased Omission's lager for my consumption at home. I've never felt like I was "glutened."

If you're a former beer drinker, like I was when I was diagnosed with celiac disease, you can appreciate a good gluten-free brew. Personally, Omission ranks among those at the top of my list for taste, so I'm pretty happy that the CSA believes these beers aren't a hazzard to my health.

And I'll drink to that!

Cheers!

No comments:

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...