Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wrapped tight



One of my recent discoveries is the gluten-free wrap by Toufayan Bakeries. Based in Ridgefield, Bergen County, the company also has two plants in Florida, which is where I first found these wonderful wraps.

Luckily, I've been able to find them at home too.

Unlike the corn tortillas I was using as makeshift wraps, the Toufayan version is large and, more importantly, doesn't fall apart easily. They also taste pretty good with a slightly doughy, chewy texture.

 I've been enjoying these wraps in lieu of sandwiches, filling them with a variety of different things, including chicken salad and ham and cheese.

On a whim, I also tried the wraps as makeshift tortillas and found them to be better in the quesadilla maker than regular corn tortillas.

The wraps are reasonably priced too.That's always refreshing in the gluten-free world.

I have only tried the Original wraps, but Toufayan offers four flavors. The others are Savory Tomato, Spinach and Garden Vegetable.

If you've tried any of these wraps, please give us your take in the comments section below.






No comments:

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...