Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcome to Garden State of Mind

I'm excited to launch this blog. It's been on my mind for a long time, and I'm finally ready to put it in action. I plan to provide information about restaurants, products and events, as well as some simple recipies, for those looking for a gluten-free experience. It's what I find throughout New Jersey, as well as the greater New York City and Philadelphia areas.

I have been living the gluten-free lifestyle since I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998. As most people find, it was a drastic change that was extremely frustrating at times. Luckily, time and a greater awareness about the condition have made life a lot easier. I also have a strong support system in family and friends, who love to tell me about the gluten-free foods they've discovered.

In addition to being a gluten-free advocate, I am a full-time professional journalist. My reporting background includes health and medicine, and food, which has allowed me to cover a variety of celiac disease and gluten-free topics.

Over the years, I've often been asked for advice from newly-diagnosed celiacs, which I am always happy to provide, and I'm open to suggestions from others. Please feel free to share your favorite dining experiences with me. If I use your information in this blog, you will be credited.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy Garden State of Mind.

No comments:

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...