Monday, September 24, 2012

Lunch inside the box

Good gluten-free food is tough to find on the go, and once you've found it, you don't want to get caught in a rut. Most workdays, I carry a homemade sandwich to work, using store-bought gluten-free bread. Every other week or so, I get a hankering for something different.

Typically, I go for A Taste of Thai peanut noodles. If you have a microwave handy in the office, they're perfect for a quick, gluten-free meal. It takes about four minutes to cook. I've tried some of the brand's other varieties, such as those made with coconut or curry, and found them tasty, as well, but the peanut is my favorite.  I usually pack my box of noodles with re-heatable veggies, either peas or carrots, on the side. Chicken slices also mesh well with the peanut flavor. 

In Jersey, A Taste of Thai is available at Wegmans, Shop Rite and other mainstream grocery stores.

No comments:

Orlando Road Trip: Animal Kingdom

Gluten. Free. Churros. They are as delicious as they sound. Paired with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauces, they're heavenly. ...